The most important precaution you can take to reduce damage to your home and property is to protect the areas where wind and water can enter. Storm shutters are one of the first things people think of when preparing for high winds. Shuttering your windows is one form of hurricane mitigation retrofitting but it is often what you can’t see that makes all the difference.
The Florida Department of Finance states that 15% – 70% of your insurance premium could be attributed to wind-damage risk. Many companies offer discounts on premiums for homes that have certain hurricane mitigation retrofits.
Types of Mitigation
- Water Barrier
- Anchoring, Roof to Wall
- Gable Ends
- Window Openings
- Garage Doors
- Soffits and Attic Vents
- From Concept to Completion, we work hand in hand with the homeowner
- Single point of Communication with daily progress updates
- Professional and skilled craftsmen
- Highest quality materials and still remain within your budget
- Family owned and operated since 1983
- Certified Graduate Master Builder
- Florida State Certified Roofing Contractor
A client’s Port Orange residence after Hurricane Matthew. A tree went through the roof and broke the roof trusses causing structural damage to the residence.
Sawgrass Plantation Enterprises is Volusia County’s most trusted contractor. Serving Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, South Daytona, Ponce Inlet, Holly Hill, Wilbur by the Sea, Port Orange, Ormond Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Edgewater and the Florida Shores since 1983.