For people who plan to stay in their homes, Smart Design allows for planning now. Smart Design is based on “universal design”, which is loosely defined as the ideas meant to produce environments that are accessible to all people. Universal design is often clinical, Smart Design is beautiful and functional.
One Smart Design solution that we love is a curb-free or roll in shower like the one featured below. A curb free shower with a dual shower head and rain head is both luxurious and safe. In the kitchen, Smart Design can be as simple as widening doorways. Raised toe kicks that are deeper than standard toe kicks provide easy access to cabinets and counters. We encourage our clients to incorporate Smart Design features in their remodeling plans.
Smart Design Suggestions
- Wider Doorways
- Outdoor and/or Indoor Ramps
- Lowered Counter Tops, Vanity & Cabinets
- Touch-less Faucets
- Comfort Height Toilet, Bidet or Remote Control Bidet Seat
- Roll-in curb-free Shower or Walk-in Tub
- Wall Cabinet Lifts, Cabinets with Roll Out Trays and Lazy Susans
- Smart Design from concept to completion
- Florida Certified General Contractor
- NAHB Graduate Master Builder
- NAHB Certified Graduate Remodeler
- NAHB Certified Aging In Place Specialist
- NAHB Certified Green Professional
- Department of Veterans Affairs Registered Builder ID# 7614
Sawgrass Plantation Enterprises is Volusia County’s most trusted contractor. Serving Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, South Daytona, Ponce Inlet, Holly Hill, Wilbur by the Sea, Port Orange, Ormond Beach, New Smyrna Beach, Edgewater and the Florida Shores since 1983.